Grant Opportunity: Excellus BlueCross BlueShield Community Health Awards (Upstate NY)
Excellus BlueCross BlueShield is making awards available to support the financial needs of health and wellness programs within 31 counties of Upstate New York.
What type of activities might be supported? Award are intended to focus on:
* Activities to improve improve the health status of the community or to reduce the incidence of specific diseases
* Community wide health education
* Group-specific health education
Programs must promote a safe and healthy lifestyle. They must fund direct services, not staff salaries or benefits.
To be eligible, the organization must be a 501(c)(3) nonprofit located in the 31 counties of upstate New York and primarily serve a population within one or more of the listed counties. The 31 counties include: Broome, Cayuga, Chemung, Chenango, Clinton, Cortland, Delaware, Essex, Franklin, Fulton, Hamilton, Herkimer, Jefferson, Lewis, Livingston, Madison, Monroe, Montgomery, Oneida, Onondaga, Ontario, Otsego, Oswego, Schuyler, Seneca, Steuben, St. Lawrence, Tioga, Tompkins, Wayne and Yates. Public Schools are eligible to apply.
Applications must be received by February 9th, 2015.
Through a competitive application process, the awards provide financial support of up to $4,000 each to 501(c)(3) nonprofit groups that have set clear goals to improve the health or health care of a specific population in the community
Application should be submitted to the appropriate regional contact:
* Central New York region (Cayuga, Cortland, Jefferson, Lewis, Onondaga, Oswego, St. Lawrence and Tompkins counties): Email application to Community.Health.Awards.CNY@Excellus.com
* Rochester region (Livingston, Monroe, Ontario, Seneca, Wayne and Yates counties): Email application to Community.Health.Awards.ROC@Excellus.com
* Southern Tier region (Broome, Chemung, Chenango, Schuyler, Steuben and Tioga counties): Email application to Melissa.Klinko@Excellus.com
* Utica region (Clinton, Delaware, Essex, Franklin, Fulton, Hamilton, Herkimer, Madison, Montgomery, Oneida and Otsego counties): Email application to Community.Health.Awards.Utica@Excellus.com
Awards will be distributed in March 2015
More information can be found at the BCBS website